English + Internships in Australia
Study English and Gain Work Experience in Australia
At ELS Sydney we offer 2 internship programs
- English + Professional Internship Program (PIP)
- English + Stipend Internship (SIP)
These programs are focused on offering hands on training and skills development in the Australian workplace.
Who Should Take These Programs?
These programs are for university students and recent graduates aged between 18-30 years. The programs offer the opportunity to undertake practical work experience directly related to their area of academic study or experience.
Professional Internship Program
This program offers unpaid structured training internships in all academic disciplines for students and recent graduates. Positions are available Australia wide. What type of work is available? Possible work areas include;
- Business Administration
- Human Resources
- Event Management
Stipend Internship Program
This program offers structured training internships in business, marketing, HR and IT offering a stipend (meals and travel allowance) of $600-$900 a month for students and recent graduates in these fields who have a minimum 6 months’ relevant work experience. Applicants must be flexible and be prepared to travel for this program. What type of work is available? Suitably qualified interns will be placed into the following industries:
- Human Resources
- Information Technology
Entry Requirements for English + Internship Programs in Sydney
- Applications must be submitted 3-4 months prior to internship start date
- Applicants must have personal liability insurance valid in Australia to the value of AUD 2 million. If not, the insurance fee of $160-480, depending on length of internship will apply.
- Applicants must hold a Working Holiday Visa. If this visa is not possible the intern has to pay a special internship visa fee in Australia.
- The internship is directly related to the intern’s education background or work experience
- Placements available in most industries except medicine
Minimum Length of English Course: 4 weeks Internship Length: PIP 6-26 weeks / SIP 20-26 weeks Age: 18-30 years Entry requirements: Completion of ELS level 110 For further information on this program, including application forms and a copy of the terms and conditions please contact us Sydney@ELS.edu You can also download an information sheet on the ELS Sydney - Professional Internship Program (PIP) 2015